Pia van Benthem
Pia van Benthem is managing various education and outreach programs within the John Muir Institute of the Environment. Her expertise is in STEM education and engineering with a focus on earth sciences.
Her current work focuses on:
- Coordinating AggieMentors, the California chapter of EnvironMentors, a college-access program guiding underrepresented youth towards successes higher education.
- Coordinating CaliforniaView, the California chapter of the nationwide consortium on remote sensing education, outreach and geospatial applications.
- Managing the NASA California Spacegrant Consortium, a program providing fellowship support to University students via hands-on learning projects.
- Managing the UC Davis Alliance for System Safety of UAS Research Excellence (ASSURE) program.
- Educating the public on the land cover and land type features of the State of California demonstrated via a 3-D topographic map out of LEGO pieces.
- Developing and implementing K-12 Grade Education Programs and lesson plans
- Hosting an annual remote sensing training workshops for educators and students of the annual regional Science Olympiad
- Development of the 'Sierra to the Sea' interactive website
- Website development
- Conference Organization e.g. Ocean, Atmosphere, Sea, Ice, Snowpack (OASIS), AmericaView.
- Project Manager of the UC Irrigation Water Management web-based research information center (IrRIC)
- Department of Land, Air and Water (LAWR) Resources Newsletter
Dipl.-Ing./MS, Packing Technology Engineering, University of Applied Sciences, Stuttgart, Germany
BS, Education, Fachhochschule der Diakonie Anstalten, Bad Kreuznach, Germany
Pia van Benthem
116 The Barn
95616 Davis, CA